Langner, the fifth generation in his family to become
a rabbi, arrived in Toronto from Strettin, Poland in 1923.
He served the Kiever as a full-time rabbi from 1929 until
his death in 1973, acting as a leader to his congregation.
In addition to his work at the Kiever, he was also the
rabbi for the First Narayever synagogue, secretary of
the Orthodox Rabbinical Association of Toronto, and a
member of the Executive of Vaad Harabonim. Other Toronto
rabbis and community members have admired Rabbi Langner
for his hospitality and charity.
TO THE KIEVER - RELIGION
Rabbi Langner (Left) conversing with other men (c. 1962)