Canoeing at Camp Northland, 1965. Ontario Jewish Archives, fonds 61:2-2:66.
The Jewish Camp Council
The Jewish Camp Council was formed in 1945 by five different groups running summer camps for Jewish youth: B’nai Brith, the National Council of Jewish Women, the Mothers’ and Babes’ Summer Rest Home Association, the United Jewish Welfare Fund of Toronto and the Y.M.-Y.W.H.A.
The United Jewish Welfare Fund assumed responsibility for all camp property, including Camp Northland in Haliburton and programming for all camps was organized as a unified service. Camp Northland is now run by B’nai Brith, with support from UJA Federation of Greater Toronto.